Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting

I will be the first to admit that I didn't spend as much time research the candidates and their platforms as I should have. I didn't even know about the 3 amendments that were on the ballot until I got in line today but what I did do was take the time to look at my voter registration card and double check where I was supposed to vote. What worries me is what I witnessed today. After standing in line for a little over an hour today, I reach the "check-in" table. The people in front of me had joined the line at the same time. They were at the wrong precinct. We only passed like 5 signs on the way in that said the precinct number and location. Why does this worry me? I know I was not as informed as I should have been. I did not look at all the facts but I was informed enough to know that my registration card tells me where I must go to vote. If you were not informed enough to pick up on that little bit of information, how informed of a decision are you making about who is going to run our country? If you can't read the section on the card in your hand that says "Vote at:...." followed by the address, what kind of facts are you basing your decision on? Enough procrastination- back to my project. Joy.

No comments: