Thursday, January 7, 2010

Poddy

poddy - 1. (n) a place you can sit diaper free and smile  2. (v) the act of sitting diaper free, word is used to gain said freedom

The newest addition at our family vanacular.  Heard 20 times a day, resulting in few, more often, none successess (after about 20 minutes she did go last night).  Having never potty trained a child- are we too young?  She is 19 months... Do we have a "bootcamp" type training? or try it gradually?  Stick to diapers?  Switch to pullups? 

AHHHH!!  I haven't read a book on this yet.  Guess what my weekend plans are!

1 comment:

Dana said...

ha, I have no advice on this.. see my blog post.. However we do have a fun song that we sing when we're potty training.. It goes to the tone of "If You're Happy and You Know it" the words go, If you pee pee in the potty than you know you are a smotty (smartie). If you pee pee in the potty clap your hands. I mean I think it makes absolutely no difference in the potty training but it's fun for me :)