Monday, May 10, 2010

Fort Knox

Tomorrow begins my guarding of Fort Knox (aka- the PASS test).  I must guard these papers with my life.  They must accompany me everywhere- including the restroom- from the time they are signed out and signed back in.  Yes, signed, every booklet and every answer document.

I must then administer it- reading only what is in my script.  I may not tell my children the check their answers when finished, I may not pat them and tell them they are doing fine- keep working, I may not hover.  I can not look at the test,  I can not discuss it.  I can only be a ball of nerves that I may look the wrong way, glance at the wrong thing, say or do something that is considered "coaching".  I will spend the next 4 days biting my nails, praying my kids remember everything they have ever learned. 

I will teach little and come home more exhausted than ever.  I will live, breathe, and die by my TAM.  I will be nervous, my kids will be nervous.  And they want to pay me based on these results?!  Let me go ahead and start writing checks back to the state.....

Fingers crossed my kids show the true geniuses they are!!!

3 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

Oh my- how stressful! I guess I understand the reasonings, but still, pay based on the scores?!?! How insane.... I am so so sorry and hope and pray this week FLIES by! I gotta say- teachers are fantastic people! Cudos to you for doing a great job!

Mandy said...

I DO NOT miss those days. Hang in there!

Dana said...

oh wow! Glad it's over!