Saturday, November 22, 2008

Shopping for Christmas

We have set a Christmas budget. We have a $50 per person allowance. It seems like a lot but it is shocking how little you can actually get for that amount. I guess my visions are skewed from growing up in a family that never looked at a price tag. I am one of those that can walk in a store where everything is $25 dollars except for one $200 item and that expensive item will be the only thing I like and/or want. Well, my taste are going to get simpler. I have already stayed under budget for 3 people on our list! (Found a code online for 20% off on one of items which gave me a few extra bucks). Even with that budget Christmas is going to cost us more than I would like. I wish there was some way to get around buying everyone a present. My family has been relatively small until the past 3 or 4 years so the idea of drawing names is not received warmly. I have thought about making gifts but the fear of the reactions of certain family members stop me. The sad part of all this is.... what are Bucky and I getting for Christmas? We have told everyone to give us $$... why? Because we want a new fridge. Ha! I want to see Santa but a white side-by-side under our tree. Mom said that was no fun because we wouldn't have anything to open but I told her we would. We would have two doors, side-by-side to open. Aren't I a smart one?

No comments: