Saturday, December 20, 2008

Joys of car seats...

Early December... - Got on the scale one day with Maggie and it calculated that she was 21 lbs! Oh boy! Oh no- the infant seat only goes to 22 lbs. While I know my weighing method is not exactly scientific, we decided that Maggie had outgrown her infant seat and concluded that it was time to spend the $$ and get a convertible car seat. Mid December... - began researching the options. While I know that I am blonde and all, I really did read anything and everything I could find about different seats. I read reviews, consumer reports, talked to others, EVERYTHING! Last weekend... -ventured all the way out to Babies 'R Us, determined to buy one. Nope. My head was about to explode! I came home and read more reviews, more reviews, and more reviews! Spent the week trying to figure out which one I wanted. Today... -went to Target to get one. Came home with a different one after about a 45minute debate on which one to get. Waited until Maggie woke up from a nap and tried it out- before trying to install it in the car. Hated it! It made her look all slumped and curled up. Also- since she is such a dainty little thing the strap was going to work for long. It was already hitting her chubby little thighs. :) Guess what went back? So tonight... - there is a different car seat in the box waiting. Tomorrow we will check this one out and hope it works. Good luck to us!

No comments: