Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fun Times...

Maggie had her 9 month check-up on Monday. We were glad that this was scheduled because we spent all weekend barking like a seal. Sleeping through the night was a thing of the past. Her cough was pretty bad so I stayed home with her Monday. Visit to Doc leaves us with 2 medications and a diagnosis of croup and an ear infection. Yes, ear infection number 2. A round of steroids down the hatch- the cough is minimal. The ear infection- who knows. She isn't pulling at it but, she wasn't pulling at it before we went to the Doc. Hmmm.... On the other hand... school is full of fun and exciting times these days. The BOE voted to not offer contracts to anyone that had been retired and rehired. That means 5 principals and 6 assistant principals won't be back next year. I completed my master's degree in educational leadership for a reason. I wanted to be able to change schools for the better. Well, here is my chance to put my name in the hat for a that possibility and I am not sure. I just don't know. This year is my 6th year teaching. I don't think I stand much of a chance against those that have been in the biz longer. I am going to talk to my principal tomorrow. I guess part of my fear is this- I am an overachiever. Yes I know, if I can acknowledge it- I should control it. Anyway- I have never applied for anything I really wanted and not gotten it. I am not sure how to handle that form of rejection. Such high expectations for myself! Ahhh... the internal pressure for excellence.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Go for it. What do you have to lose? I had no idea you were interested in this!! NOW is the time. :)

Poor Maggie. We've dealt with croup, steroids, albuterol (sp) inhalers, etc. Made for one hyped up kid.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get what you want! That sounds exciting. I just want to go back to school period! Sorry to hear Maggie was feeling bad. Ryan was also sick on the day of his 9 mo well child visit. That is when he had his fever of 103. His was just "a bad cold". Funny how some things work out!