Saturday, June 13, 2009

Adventures to DC... so far...

We made it here. All alive and in one piece. Not for a lack of trying to drive us nuts on Maggie's behalf. Leaving at the crack of dawn was the grand plan- Maggie sleeps- we drive... sounds great? Would have been if Maggie slept. Instead we fuss, we throw tantrums, we have diaper blow-outs in the middle of nowhere. The blow-outs were especially fun since Aunt B doesn't do stinky diapers well, or should I say at all?
But alas we arrive to find lots of fun things! My parents got Maggie the neatest chair from IKEA and one of the Pottery Barn chairs she loves too. The teddy bear chair works like one of those old lawn chairs, so you can bend the waist, arms, and head to all different angles. She loves it!
We are working on getting things for the house, however Mom and I have extremely different taste when it comes to color. I like it, she doesn't it. Resell beige all the way.
Got the camera charged and hopefully I'll get some decent pictures of Maggie playing- she loves the stairs here! However, she won't come down them... doesn't like the height, won't go near the railings either...smart kid.

2 comments:

Dana said...

So have you had the IKEA experience yet?

Sara-Beth said...

Had the experience in a hurry- Maggie was pooped from a whole day of shopping so it was a speedy trip. I really want to go back when I can spend some time! I didn't even get to see everything!