Saturday, July 31, 2010

Is Annoyed

Disclaimer:  I love my husband dearly.  He is GREAT father, I am just in a grrr... mood.

The longer I am a mom, the more apparent the differences between Mom and Dad become.  Just a few case in points....

1-  He gets to go alone to the bathroom for how ever long he chooses.  I get to go with kid, for mere seconds, while completing some other task.  I just want to pee in peace!

2-  He upsets the kid, I get to deal with it.

3-  Dad is the fun parent.  Mom is not.

4-  Everything is better when Daddy gives it/does it/looks at it.

5-  I want to cut the grass and have 2+ hours of time to think an adult thought without have a conversation about the potty, Caillou, or Dora.

What have you learned?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry -- I'm going to be "the mean one"!

Mandy said...

Agreed, agreed. Except for the mowing the lawn part. Ick.

Hyperactive Lu said...

UGH! So true.... I love it when I need to get things done, I have to ASK Hubbie if he can be home and handle the kiddos.... If Hubbie has something that needs to be done, he tells me when and where and he KNOWS I'm gonna handle the kiddos!!! LOL

Dana said...

you know what's really funny about this post.. I wrote a post expressing the same idea when Emma was about the exact same age that Maggie is. It must be the age or realizing our fate. http://danaelaineellis.blogspot.com/2006/01/if-i-ever-win-lottery.html