Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Things Mom Gets Excited About...

My goal for the summer was to get Maggie potty trained by the time I went back to school.  We started as soon as school got out and she did really well while we were at my Dad's (I am talking doing EVERYTHING in the potty).   Then came a 9 hour car ride, a bunch of 2 hour car rides, and we were back to square one.  She would do better when not at home but still... #2 just wasn't happening.  However.... we went out the dinner tonight with my parents.  Maggie tells me about 3/4 of the way through dinner "Potty Mommy, Potty".  So away we go (me thinking this was just her way of getting out of the high chair).  Into the stall (I've cleaned them all in town!) and I stand there... and stand there... and stand there.  You done?  Nope Mommy, poopy.  Huh?  I think not but yet I stand.  And then...

WOOOOO HOOOO!  She was telling the truth!!!!  If there had been room- I would have danced.

Ah, to have come so far in life to get excited about poop.  Welcome to motherhood.

3 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

Go Maggie!!! Woo hoo! She needs to teach Peanut a thing or two!!! :o)

Dana said...

Hip hip hooray! The poop is the thing we can't get. On a regular basis anyway.. She waits for naptime

Mandy said...

Yee haw!! :)