Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pitiful Blogger

Since meeting Dana and entering the world of blogging, I am continually amazed at what is out there.  Some nights, when I have a minute, I love checking out the people linked to those I know.  I have cried and laughed and fallen in love with people I have never met.  Sometimes I leave messages and comments, most of the time not.  I guess that makes me one of those voyer people.  However,  after reading so many of them I feel so inadequate to leave a comment. 

I am lucky.  My family is healthy, we have good jobs, and a terrific support system.  I am confident in who I am and where I want to go.  Sure there are things I want to improve about myself but I am fighting no major internal battles.  I read about people struggling with a variety of illnesses both themselves or their children, families that have lost jobs, and the such- I feel that I have no right to give advice.  I don't know what it is like to be them. 

I am not a good writer. I do not conjure up pictures with my words or evoke tears with my thoughts.  I put it simply with as many words as I can spell.  To read through posts, I am continually awed by what is out there.  Mandy who says so much with so few words.  Dana how can make you cry, laugh, and want to argue in a paragraph.  Kristy who cracks me up and makes me smile with every craft posted. Alas, I am not even in the same playing field as these ladies. 

So, thanks for reading my pitiful blog.  I will continue to post mudance, for the most part uninspiring items.  :)  Love you guys!

PS- I've lost my spell check button so please excuse any spelling errors- I am sure there are quite a few!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, SB! I love reading your blog!! Keep it up! :)

Tonya said...

Me too! Who doesn't love hearing about adorable babies!? I think you have a great blog! The background looks nice too.

Oh, and you should definitely look into "Your Baby Can Read". Tyler absolutely loves it, and it really works. It teaches reading, animals, animal sounds, colors, body parts, and lots of stuff. Of course it's only meant as a supplement to your teaching, but we have nothing but great things to say about it!

Dana said...

Now I'm curious about your arguments.. You should go leave them.. Love some good dialogue..

I love reading your blog too :)

Mandy said...

I swear...you and Dana make me out to be some kind of writer that I am not. I simply write so little b/c I had 2 little boys demanding all of my attention, therefore NO time to write what I REALLY want to say! And now I have THREE little boys who are demanding my attention!! :) Thanks, though, for the compliment!

I love reading blogs of my friends...especially those I don't see as often any more. Keep blogging. You do a great job.

Charie said...

I admire moms like you because I am a mom too.can you be my friend..in facebook?