Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Giving Thanks

Such a little word that is never used enough... Growing up we don't like our parents "parenting" us, we don't like the work the teachers give us, or many of the life lessons sent our way. But the older I get, the more I wish I could go back and say "thank you" to all those people. Mom and I didn't get along well during the teenage years, but now I can't thank her enough for everything she did then and now. I have to say I have the best support system a mom, daughter, person could ask for. It is the amazing the power of a thank you. One of my former students sent me an email yesterday saying thank you and they missed me. This little 2 sentence blurb in my day made the rest of my day worthwhile. I can only imagine how much nicer the world would be if we all said thank you a little more. It really should become a habit for more people. I am going to try and say more "thank you's" starting with these: Thank you to... Mom and Dad for taking Maggie to the doc today for me in the middle of their packing, Bucky for taking over Maggie duty many evenings so I can work done, Dana for being the best, most caring, concerned babysitter ever, Brittany for keeping me grounded and laughing even if you are almost 30! according to the student section, Lee Ann for being my back up babysitter and, Kay for sharing her wisdom.

1 comment:

Dana said...

It helps that you and Maggie both are the easiest to get along with people I've ever met. Thank you for that!

You're right, we don't say Thank you enough.. And about our moms... It's amazing how they become saints in our eyes when we have our own children.. :). Now if we could just figure out a way to make our girls realize how great we are sooner ;).