Saturday, May 16, 2009

On my knees again...

This time last year, I was on my knees praying that wonderful childcare would be found. My prayers were answered and then some. We were lead to Dana (Thanks Mandy!) and I have never thought twice about Maggie's care since then. It has been as wonderful, if not better, than me staying at home. Dana is the most wonderful mother. She is caring and loving, structured and healthy, everything a mother should be. She has taught Maggie and I so much... Maggie is such an amazing child because of the amazing family that takes care of her. Got to give props to the rest of the Ellis Family! However, it is time for Dana to return to school :( Yeah for her, sad for the loss of the greatest caregiver in the world! So once again, I am on my knees praying that he will lead us to another great caregiver. I was telling Bucky the problem is going to be that I have experienced excellence and won't accept anything less. I know, I am spoiled, I am rotten, I don't want to give her up. But I also know, she has to do what is best for her and her family. I am once again, ending and beginning each day with a prayer that his plan for us includes another person to love Maggie as much as we do and the Ellis family has. On a lighter note- we are WALKING! She has decided it is better than crawling and we are on the go. You know me and technology, I am trying to get video posted...

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Dana is wonderful. I am so happy that this year worked out for you guys, but bummed for you that you have to look again. I will still keep my ears open for you. Hopefully, something will turn up.

Unknown said...

Awe, I think you're giving me way more credit than I deserve. Thank you for that and thank you for being so understanding of my situation. I'm so glad that this year worked out the way that it did. Maggie has added a lot of smiles to our family. I'm on my knees too and believing that God has the perfect place for Maggie. Maggie is an easy child to love. I don't think she'll have a problem stealing anyone's heart.

I want to make sure that we are able to keep a relationship with Maggie and that we're able to continue the little friendship that she and Chloe have going. I expect to be sitting at her high school graduation one day.

It is my prayer that this year is the beginning of a life long friendship with you all!