Saturday, May 9, 2009

So much...

So much has happened....
We celebrated Maggie's first birthday last weekend. I am a horrible mother and didn't take any pictures so I am relying on other's to share theirs. It is taking a while to compile all of them but Dana got this one on her actual birthday (Friday, May 1). The party was great on Saturday- we are so blessed to have an amazing family and terrific friends!
It is hard to believe that a year has gone by. I didn't get teary eyed until I was uploading photos and came across Mother's Day last year. My first and Nana's last... she went to a better place after 98 years and hanging with us long enough to meet her great-great-granddaughter. 5 generations together for one of the last times. This is the last picture we have of everyone....
School is winding down and I have struck the jack-pot. We have "STAR Celebrations" each nine weeks for students with A's in conduct. Usually a committee determines what is going to happen but that is a whole another story. This nine weeks each grade level is on their own so I got in touch with one of my parents that is a manager at Cracker Barrel and.... wooo hooo! We are having grits, pancakes, and sausage breakfast for our kids!! Cost to us- $0! They are donating part of it and he is paying for the rest. Mad props to Cracker Barrel!
Dana has gotten wonderful pictures of Maggie lately- I am grateful for her presence in our life every day. I couldn't imagine a better caregiver for my child.

No comments: