Friday, May 29, 2009

Things... they are a changin'

Got some news the other day... I have been moved to 4th grade!! I have always taught 5th, variety of schedules and subjects, but always 5th graders. Going through school, I started with the intention of teaching middle school (back when an elementary certificate got you K-8) but by the time I finished I was only 3-5. I knew I didn't want 3rd, 4th was really not that appealing- I loved 5th! Well, I am going to have to learn to love 4th now... Thankful, I am going to only have to teach math and science. At least I won't have a chance to ruin another generations reading skills. So now I am off to plan new lessons, with a new math book and new standards, so much change! FYI- I usually don't do well with change... hmm....

2 comments:

Dana said...

I know you'll be wonderful :)

Mandy said...

You will be fine. This coming from the person who taught second grade for 9 years and then jumped down to kids who couldn't wipe their own noses or bums. If I can make the change, so can you. :) Look on the bright side...you don't have to wipe noses or bums. LOL