Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Better Mother

This week has been rough. After many breakdowns, I have come to terms with many things and think that I can make it another couple days at least. My mom said something the other day that surprised me. She told me she didn't know how I was doing it- working, going to school, Maggie, etc. This came from the lady that was a teacher with 3 kids involved in 3 very different lives. My response to her was that I wasn't doing it all- I was surviving it all. I was being a crummy teacher, student, mother, and wife. (Note- a flood of tears occurred at this point) But, I think I have a handle on that now.
To the title of the post- I got pictures developed the other day. After a month of trying to pick them up- that is a whole other story- I finally sat down to work on Maggie's baby book. Thinking it would only take me a minute to fill in the 4 month page, I was sadly mistaken. I hadn't done anything in her book since her 2 month birthday. I was three months, a whole bunch of first, and a family vacation behind! Now after my hour and half adventure, I feel like a better mother. I have caught the baby book up, up-dated the first year calendar, and fill in the photo album. The little things I don't want to look back on and feel like I missed out because I was too busy doing school work.
After much hassle with Walgreen's- I have some new pictures to post. Dana has gotten so good that Walgreen's accused us of printing professional photos and we had to get a release! Props to Dana- not happy Bucky. Anyway- it is a small price to pay to have a FABULOUS photographer watching our darling.

You can tell the difference in photographer- really good for the above pic (Dana) and OK for this one- me. Ha!
You can tell Maggie is the child of a teacher. 5 months- and got her nose in a book!
We have started baby foods and found that Maggie is not the only one that likes them!
I know- why is the cat on the table? Because I get tired of trying to dead lift 25lbs. of hair off the table while keeping gooey baby hands from touching everything in sight- including the cat. The table gets cleaned afterwards- I promise :)

2 comments:

Dana said...

Just to make you feel like a better mother... My girls don't even have a baby book... Emma had a calendar of her first year and of course a photo album and I've had the blog since before Chloe was born. They each have a box that I throw things in as keepsakes and in that, I write notes to them explaining what the items were.. But no baby book.

December is not that far away! Maggie is just as happy as she can be. You're a great mom!

Mandy said...

And to make you feel better as well...Son #1 has only to month 3 in a baby scrapbook and son #2 does not have one at all. Hence the blog. Easy peasy.

Dana is a wonderful photographer! I am so glad that it has all worked out for you. :)