Monday, March 29, 2010

Farmer Brown

My Granddaddy loved to grow things!  Hence, the greenhouse and raised garden beds that we have.  The greenhouse is meeting its demise shortly, however, we continue to use the raised beds.  Bucky did really well a couple of years ago with tomatoes and cucumbers.  Last year, the birds took care of most of it and we didn't stock pile our bounty.  But alas, I am bound and determined to do better this year.  Maggie LOVES tomatoes and cucumbers and I am tired of paying way too much for them!  In preparation, I sent Maggie and Bucky outside to clean out the bed and get it ready to plant.  I did not imagine how it would be taken care of, but this was his method of corraling the kiddo and working...
The bed is almost ready for planting now though!  Yipee!!  I love spring (if only the pollen gods would leave me alone- then it would be perfect!)

No comments: