Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Single Parenting

Bucky doesn't travel much for work- thank goodness. He does work late often, but I can depend on him to come home and help. 

However, this week, he traveled.  He left EARLY Tuesday morning and will be back LATE tomorrow night.  It isn't a long trip, but with a toddler, some days seem very long.  On top of that, it is over a very busy week at school- After School Clubs on Tuesday and Thursday and a faculty meeting on Wed.

Usually when he travels Maggie knows and throws down.  She must know it is one on one time...  BUT- I have been very lucky this time!

Yesterday, she ate a very good dinner.  Took a nice long bath and went to bed around 7:20.  Conked out cold on the couch snuggling.  (That is a first in a long time)

Today, she didn't each much but at 6:15 she said she wanted to play in the tub.  We played until she was wrinkly all over!  At about 6:50 she said she was ready to go night night and down she went.  Wow!

Fingers crossed this continues and she doesn't get up at the crack of dawn!

3 comments:

Ryan's World... We just live in it! said...

It is so hard when you are alone. That is the one reason I love it when basketball season is over. I think Ryan's internal clock always knew when Phil was gone because he always got up SUPER early!

Hyperactive Lu said...

Its so hard when you're all alone... I hate when Hubbie leaves me! So glad Maggie is cooperating and going to bed early for you!

Mandy said...

I really hate it when my husband travels. Luckily, all the family lives in town and usually pitches in to help now that I have 3 kids. He was gone for a week when the baby was just 2 weeks old. ACK!!